Marketing and growth hacking have become startup household terms in the last few years.
I sat down with Matt Humphrey, co-founder of HomeRun and now VP of Merchandise at Rearden Commerce, to talk about growth hacking and how to keep a growth-focused culture in a rapidly expanding company. Matt team’s growth strategy ultimately led to a viral product and a strong exit. His complete interview is below.
What is growth hacking?
Growth hacking is acquiring, retaining, and monetizing users more effectively. A growth hacker is an individual who can, from end-to-end, collect data, ideate, plan, execute, and deploy the necessary tactics and strategies to hit goals.
How did you develop these skills?
I developed these skills tuning interesting and novel viral loops with Andrew Chen back in 2008, building on the Facebook platform from 2009-2010, and engineering email list growth in 2011 at my company Homerun.
We thought we’d share some information on our testing process.
My name is David Blooman, I am the principal tester for responsive news, all questions and queries can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @davey_blooman
When testing the devices, there are 4 main areas to…
Forrst Podcast 86: Fried Chicken
Browser Does It, colorapi, Web Standards Sherpa, How to construct a web developer in twelve months, IE6ify Bookmarklet, and Create the new Skype for Mac chat style
Listen online or download the mp3 here.
- Browser Does It
- Firefox 4 Demos: Awesome CSS3 Planetarium ✩ Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog
- Dropbox Forms: Receive files from your web site to your dropbox!
- colorapi, Color chart search
- Understanding the Elements of Responsive Web Design
- whymirror/unholy - GitHub
- Technical Web Typography: Guidelines and Techniques - Smashing Magazine
- Web Standards Sherpa
- What Designers Should Know About Visual Perception and Memory | Van SEO Design
- How to construct a web developer in twelve months | Graceful Exits
- IE6ify Bookmarklet
- Create the new Skype for Mac chat style
- MySQL.com compromised | Sucuri
- Forrst’s Ohours for Wednesday, March 30, 2011
In response to You Should Date An Illiterate Girl By Charles Wanke
Date a girl who reads. Date a girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. She has problems with closet space because she has too many books. Date a girl who has a list of books she wants to read, who has had a…